Urologists are physicians who specialize in the urinary health of men, women and children. The urologists use medical and surgical approaches to the treatment of many diseases, including prostate disorders both benign and malignant, incontinence, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, male reproductive problems and cancer of the urinary tract, bladder and kidney.
Some of the specialty services offered through Urology include:
- da Vinci Prostatectomy for Prostate cancer (click for more)
- Brachytherapy (radioactive seed implantation for prostate cancer)
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy to destroy kidney stones
- Laparoscopic procedures including nephrectomy
- In-office thermal ablation for the treatment of an enlarged prostate
- Minimally invasive techniques for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Endoscopy procedures
- Medical and surgical treatment for sexual dysfunction and impotence
- Urodynamic evaluation and treatment
- Biofeedback procedures
- Incontinence procedures
Do you feel like your Overactive Bladder controls your life?
UAP Clinic Urology Department is now using Urgent PC as another therapy for Overactive Bladder. Studies show that 60 - 80% of patients respond to this therapy, even if other treatments have failed.
Urgent PC uses mild electrical impulses to stimulate the nerves that control the bladder.
This in-office therapy consists of twelve, 30-minute sessions, once a week. Patients generally can expect to see improvement in 4 to 6 weeks. Occasional treatments to sustain your improvements may be needed.
Click the link to watch a video and for additional procedure and safety information. http://www.uroplasty.com/
1429 North 6th Street, Terre Haute, IN 47807
Monte Cordray, M.D.
Stephen Schwartz, M.D.
Melissa Thomas, N.P.